David Cobb and Meleiza Figueroa will be co-facilitating:
MOVEMENT SCHOOL FOR REVOLUTIONARIES
JULY 8th, 2017 – 9 AM to 5 PM
King County Labor Temple, 2800 1st Ave, Seattle
This workshop is sponsored by the Green Party of Washington State and is for true revolutionaries who agree that we need structural, systemic change and who believe in using elections as a tactic/strategy in achieving the needed change!
Attendance is limited to 50 Revolutionaries with preference given to having a balanced representation from all progressive parties. Registration is on a sliding scale of $20-$50 per person and includes lunch. Some scholarships are available.
You are encouraged to read this invitation and send a half-page statement of your interest in and qualifications for participation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Green Party invites you to spend the day with David Cobb and Meleiza Figueroa at our Movement School for Revolutionaries!
David Cobb was the Green Party Presidential Candidate in 2004 and Campaign manager for the Stein/Baraka 2016 Presidential Campaign. From campaigning for the Democratic presidential candidates, Jesse Jackson and Jerry Brown in the 80’s to being arrested in an act of civil disobedience while protesting the denial of 3rd party candidates in presidential debates, David has been in the trenches and a leader in grassroots organizing.
Mel Figueroa is a Sociologist, Geographer and Researcher currently completing her PhD at UC-Berkeley. She has also been very active with the Green Party, most recently serving as the Press Director for the Stein/Baraka 2016 Presidential Campaign.
Come spend the day with a group of like-minded revolutionaries exploring the context we are operating in and our embedded cultural assumptions regarding Imperialism, White Supremacy, Capitalism, and Patriarchy.
Examining the Current Historical Moment-
- Introduce and explore concept of ‘conjuncture’
- Discuss failures of Neoliberalism & the rise of Neofascism
Develop your analytical Toolbox-
- Political realignment in the 2016 election
- Translating revolt into revolution
- Real Pragmatism: The Philosophy of Praxis
How Should Revolutionaries Engage in Elections?
- Changing the strategic question
- Developing symbiotic relationship
- Rebel cities
Our GOALS for the day include:
- Develop clarity regarding revolutionary analysis
- Learn to work together across party labels
- Prepare leftists to take political power in the Pacific Northwest
- Explore opportunities in the local Democratic Party, Green Party, Progressive Independent Party, Socialists, and other left leaning organizations
–>> To apply for a place in this workshop, send a half-page statement of your interest in and qualifications for participation to email@example.com!