Tired of the same old choices you’ve always had? Looking for a better future for our communities and our country?
Please come join us and meet:
Stonewall Jackson “Stoney” Bird, Green Party candidate for Congress in CD 2!
Jennifer “Gigi” Ferguson, our preferred candidate for US Senate!
Hadley Hall at the Arlington Boys & Girls Club
Tuesday, June 26th, 2018 from 6-8PM
18513-59th Ave NE
Arlington, WA 98223
In our broken democracy, both Democratic and Republican voters find that the people they vote for do not stand up for them. This is why both Stoney and Gigi are running for office!
Stoney is running for Congress as a Green in Washington’s Second Congressional District and is endorsed by the Green Party of Washington. His aim is to bring the four Green Party pillars of ecology, democracy, peace, and social justice to Congress.
Gigi is running for US Senate as an Independent and is our Green Party preferred candidate. She stands for justice, dignity, equality, and community development. Gigi is willing to take on any corporations or established political interests in service to the people.
Both Stoney and Gigi are committed to cure the plague of gerrymandering and campaign bribes that mean the people we elect can ignore us. Both vow to work to overturn “corporate personhood” and “money is speech”.
In addition, Stoney is active in promoting ranked choice voting and proportional representation, making our votes count and the politicians accountable.
With these changes we will get representatives who represent us, and we will be able to achieve:
- universal, single-payer healthcare
- debt-free college
- fair trade instead of free trade
- a path to citizenship for all immigrants
- strongly progressive taxes
- expanded Social Security benefits
- living wages and easy union membership
- a universal basic income
- a decent place to live for everyone
- an end to the endless wars – and their endless costs
- internet neutrality
- government and corporate spies out of the internet
- the big banks broken up
- public control of the money system
- Post Office banking and state and local government banks
- no discrimination against anyone
- voting rights
- criminal justice reform
- ending for-profit prisons
- a Green New Deal
- clean water, clean land, clean air, and clean electromagnetic space
- nature treated with respect and gratitude, not as a thing to exploit
Stoney and Gigi both refuse to take corporate money. Moreover, if elected Stoney intends to donate 2/5 of his salary to causes that support Green values.
We hope you will come meet Stoney and Gigi on Tuesday – Please invite your friends!
If you cannot attend, please consider making a donation:
Support Gigi’s Senate campaign for the people!
Donate to Stoney’s grassroots-powered campaign for Congress!
RSVP on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/events/667467520274308/