Clean Campaigns – Public Testimony & COUNCIL VOTE!
Monday, January 13th @ 2 pm
Seattle City Hall, Council Chambers, 2nd Floor, 600 4th Ave, Seattle
• Attend the council vote and show your support
• Seattle residents strongly encouraged to attend and testify in support
• Contact your city council member to ask for their vote of support for the Clean Campaigns Bills
Fix Democracy First has been working with Seattle City Councilmember M. Lorena González and Free Speech for People since October 2018 on the Clean Campaigns Bills.
The legislation was orginally one ordinance, but is now being amended and will be divided into 3 separate bills. These laws are designed to help prevent foreign-influence and excessive corporate money from influencing Seattle elections in three ways:
• By prohibiting spending from corporations influenced by foreign ownership in Seattle elections (with non-U.S. investors)
• By capping contributions to political action committees at $5,000 per donor, which shuts down super PACs
• By increasing transparency through better, more robust reporting requirements around how campaign dollars are spent by political action committees.
For questions about the upcoming hearing contact:
email@example.com or call 206.552.3287
Please share this information with your Seattle friends and neighbors.